2. The practice has its own logo.
3. Each marketing piece is consistent as to theme and position.
4. Our stationery reflects quality, stability and technical excellence.
5. The office conveys professionalism but is not perceived as impersonal.
7. Staff and doctors always wear professional apparel that is clean and pressed.
8. We know what our fees are in relation to other offices in the area.
9. Our marketing materials convey the positioning we want such as modern, caring, high-tech, children oriented, etc.
10. Our billing forms include a space for personal messages and we regularly include promotion with our private billings.
11. There are new posters and charts in the office to educate patients.
12. We have before-and-after photos in the office.
13. We have an outside sign that is large enough to attract attention.
14. The office hours are competitive for this area and we are open when others are not.
15. Our office is also open on days that most others are not (i.e. Thursdays or weekends.)
16. Staff handling of the phone is highly professional, polite and effective.
17. We are located where the public can easily find us and parking is not a major problem.
18. The office is neat and organized and there are no public areas that are messy and untidy.
19. I have definite monthly goals for the practice and specific plans for their achievement.
20. There is a consistent advertising plan for the practice.
21. We have a website that clearly displays our address, phone number, and hours, as well as a bio of each doctor.
22. Patients are sent regular mailings, monthly or bi-monthly.
23. When a patient demands a refund or complains, there is a set policy to fully satisfy their concerns and make them as happy as possible.
24. I am closely involved with the community and a member of a number of civic organizations.
25. I have cross referral alliances developed in sufficient quantities to create a regular flow of referrals from outside sources.
26. We reprint successful ads and use them as flyers, posters or direct mail.
27. We schedule special events periodically such as contests, food drives or fundraisers for community organizations.
28. We regularly get good patient testimonials and use them, and closely monitor and respond to online reviews (i.e. Yelp).
29. Time spent with patients is used as an opportunity to improve relations, educate, and ask for referrals.
30. We have videos running in reception about various procedures we offer.
31. We use referral packs or other handouts, which patients can give to their friends and family to create referrals.
32. Patients have options as to payment plans.
33. We have a prepay plan which includes a discount (i.e. 5% “Bookkeeping discount”).
34. There is good word of mouth advertising because of our marketing activities.
35. Our brochures tell the public who we are, what we do, how we benefit them and why we’re different.
36. Free or discounted exams or cleanings are offered as a promotion.
37. Free consultations are offered.
38. We handle emergency and out-of-town cases and advertise this.
39. Periodically write articles on dental health topics for local publications and have some of these displayed in the office.
40. We have phone hold marketing on our telephones which plays audio files of our current promotions and educational snippets.
41. We research our competition twice a year for services, fees and benefits are being offered by other dentists.
42. We have researched the cost of magazine advertising in affordable regional editions.
43. We have created cooperative advertising in newspaper or radio with a group of local dentists.
44. We use direct mail in the form of Val-Pak and similar co-op mailings as well as regular letter mailings.
45. I utilize an effective mailing program to newcomers in my area (i.e. “Welcome to the Neighborhood” greeting cards).
46. We use direct mail postcards to reach homes in our area.
47. Periodically, we survey our patients to find out what our marketing message should be.
48. The office has a volume of pens, calendars or the like with the office name, address and phone to give out to patients.
49. A handwritten “Thank you for referring” letter is sent for each referral.
50. A handwritten “Welcome to the practice” letter is sent out to each new patient.